Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Blueberries and a climber!


I don't have a picture yet (rolled my ankle on a rock and limped inside), but I planted two blueberry bushes and a climbing hydrangea this afternoon!

The picture to the left is a hydrangea, but mine will look a little different. Mostly because it's climbing a crappy old chain link fence. But you get the idea. My parents brought it as a gift on Easter. Good gift. They said there's practically took over the whole fence. I do remember, as a kid, that huge vine thing almost blocking the gate. Dad finally had to cut it down or risk losing the 4x4 posts. Anyway, I'm excited for that!

The blueberries might be okay for a few years, but I'm worried about what will happen when they reach the hard WA clay. I hope they survive. I dug huge holes and backfilled with peat moss and compost. I don't even care that much if I get berries. I just what a couple huge shrubs in the back yard.

Also, something is eating my radish leaves. Any ideas? I bought insect spray because I know we get ants back there. I thought I saw some whitefly buzzing around though.

My ankle hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment