Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Counters, Buddy, and backsplash


So the counter tile is coming right along. The grout is dry on the main part. Now we're tackling the right of the stove and the wrap around under the window. The mastic is being spread at break neck speeds. The tile saw is humming as I write.

Then Buddy and I take a break to cut down boxes and find new treasures in the kitchen section of the attic! So many wedding gifts unopened, it's like Christmas morning.

Buddy loved the box for the new lasagna pan I found. We celebrate 4 years in a month, so that pan has been sitting there forever. I have 8 champagne glasses! Who would have guessed?
The recycling gets picked up tomorrow. Thank God for that. There's no room. We're hauling more to unload in the work dumpsters.
Is what I should be doing is deciding on backsplash tile. The one on the bottom middle is what I think I want. It's tumbled marble. It's about $12 / sq. feet. So that adds up to about $320. Good lord. Why does everything have to cost so much? Art Tile in north Seattle hooked me up with free black grout for the countertop, so I'd love to show them love with a big purchase like backsplash. They're super cool.

I'm thinking of adding a row of glass. It'll resemble the beach....is what I was thinking. I'll do either a racing stripe or random squares. Thoughts? So many decisions.

Side note: Never buy anything from Millers Interior in Lynnwood, WA. They won't let me return my black and white vinyl tile. They told me last week they'd charge 25% restocking fee, which I accepted. I went in 4 days later and they said "No can do!" I called and went in in person to argue, but ended up taking home 180 square feet of something I don't need. Arg! I based my decision to redo the hardwoods on the fact they would return that tile. Makes me so angry. I filed a complaint through the Better Business Bureau, so hopefully something comes from it. It's also sitting on Craigslist. BUY IT from me (:

No comments:

Post a Comment