Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sunny and cold

I'm tired of being inside working on this. So here's what I did. I planted Sweet Pea seeds in the little peat pots. I'm going to insert them in holes full of crappy soil up that hill that you can barely see to the left. Hopefully they'll climb that chain link fence. I also planted Snap Peas along that wall. I planted some radishes right in front. I'm excited to get the garden going, even though it is only 35 degrees outside. Those are all cold weather crops, so we should be fine. I'm about ready to order my hops starts! Home brew here we come!


Speaking of the yard, check out this ghetto yard. A combination of the heavy December snow and dog sitting completely ruined the grass. We'll have to rip up this crappy sod, mix in good soil, and plant new seed. I'm not really sure when we're supposed to be starting that, but I know it shouldn't happen before we get gates built to keep Buddy in the back yard for a few weeks. Poor Buddy. Look how deprived he looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment